At Majoria Drugs, we strive to be both a socially responsible member of our community as well as experts in the safe and proper handling of medications, from dispensing to disposal. In this spirit, we (Westbank locations only) are pleased to announce our new free Waste-to-Energy disposal service for your household pharmaceutical products that are either expired or no longer needed.
Why is this important? Through proper disposal of unused or expired pharmaceutical products, we protect our environment and water supply from contamination, help prevent accidental ingestion by ourselves, our children, and pets, as well as help reduce prescription medication misuse/abuse by someone other than for whom the medication was prescribed. And by converting this pharmaceutical waste to usable energy, this is the perfect 'Green' solution to your medication disposal needs.
To take advantage of this free "Take Back" service, simply follow the instructions below and visit either Westbank location of Majoria Drugs during normal store hours (Tuesday through Friday) and ask for assistance at the cashier counter. Before you come to the store:
- The DEA will not allow us to dispose of controlled medications - please do not include these items in your visit (ex: oxycodone, hydrocodone, alprazolam, etc ... ).
- Leave all products in original bottles (even if from another pharmacy).
- For your privacy, please mark out patient's name and other personal information.
- Do not mark out drug information (drug name, strength, etc ... ). We will need this for return form.
- Put all bottles in a clear zip-lock bag.
- Liquids should be 4oz or less and sealed in a plastic baggie.
- When you arrive at our store we will review your items and place in our disposal bin.
- prescription medications (except controlled meds)
- medication samples
- over-the-counter medications
- pet medications
- medicated ointments, lotions, creams, oils
- liquids in 4oz bottle (or smaller) and in sealed bag
- vitamins and supplements
- controlled medications
- sharps (needles, syringes, etc ...)
- biomedical waste
- personal care products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc ...)
- empty containers
- hydrogen peroxide
- pharmaceutical waste not generated by households (clinics, pharmacies, hospitals, etc ...)
Thank you for participating in our free Waste-to-Energy Disposal Program! We are proud to offer this service to assist and protect our community. Through our combined efforts we will make our community a safer place for our families while protecting our environment. Thank you for supporting locally-owned businesses!